Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dior Extase Mascara!


The new Dior Extase Mascara has arrived! It just launched on the Sephora website, and I called my local Sephora to see if they had it. Once I explained to the sales associate that yes, it was a product they carry as it is a Sephora exclusive, and convinced her to look for it (they really should educate their associates better, especially considering Sephora exclusive products), I discovered that yes, it has arrived in-store. Most stores, though, haven't put it out on the sales floor yet--you'll have to ask a manager to get it for you. I happily headed down to the store, and battled the insane after-Christmas shopping traffic and parking nightmare.

What it is supposed to do (taken directly from sephora.com):
"DiorShow Extase provides built-in treatment benefits and high-impact lashes in a single stroke! The spherical-shaped Black Pearl Pigments create a 3D volume effect and the exclusive Metamorphosis Powders expand in size by up to 50% after application. Also, SR38 Patented Ceramid brings additional care, reconstructing damaged lashes and promoting stronger and fuller lashes.The Extase mascara features a "Tiered Brush" that is inspired by the "tiered" couture dresses created by the House of Dior. The brush is designed for performance and contains an Exclusive Duo of Fibers: The Black Elastomer Fibers brush out and define the lashes for panoramic fringe and the Gold Nylon Fibers hold and deposit formula, generously coating each lash for outstanding volume."

Ummm...ya. While I haven't used it for long enough to decide whether or not helps to grow or promote healthier lashes, I did give it a shot today. The "tiered brush" is interesting. It's full, but not as full is Diorshow, and the tiers of it really do help to get the product into your lashes. I definitely feel like each and every lash was completely coated in product, even smaller lashes towards the inside of my eyes and my lower lashes as well. It is a very lengthening formula, and it does help to hold curl as well. It's not a hard formula either; my lashes don't feel crunchy or stiff, instead, they're very soft and natural feeling, almost as if I wasn't wearing mascara. I admit to wishing that it was more thickening, like Diorshow, but all in all, I do like this mascara. I'm going to try layering it with a thickening formula to see how it does. Is it worth the $28 price tag? If you like length and perfectly coated lashes, this is definitely for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment